Great Minnesota Uke Gathering
Saturday, June 28, 2014 - 10 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Sponsored By -
Creative Genius and Coordination by T-CUP
- StrumMn - StrumMn Ukulele Players
- T-CUP - Twin Cities Ukulele Players
- THUG - Two Harbors Ukulele Group
- Twin Cities Ukulele Club - www.TCUkeClub.com
Who and What - A Get Together for all ukulele players (or want-to-be players) - Workshops, Jams, Sing-Along and Food - All skill levels - Room at Kordiak County Park for other informal jamming - Lots of free uke related giveaways
Schedule - Come for all or part of the day!
- 10-11:30 - New or Beginner Players - Lesson and Basic Jam led by Tony Anthonisen
- 10-11:30 - Adding Barre Chords to Your Playing - led by Ukester Brown
- 12-1 - Bring Your Own Lunch
- 1:30-2:30 - Jam led by StrumMn
- 3-4 - Jam led by Twin Cities Ukulele Club
- 4:30-5:30 - Jam led by THUG
- 6-7 - Bring Your Own Dinner
- 7:30 to 9 - Group Performances and All-Level "Sing Along" led by T-CUP
Drawings for FREE Prizes including a
Mainland Classic Mahogany Tenor Cut-away Ukulele
Fine print about the drawings - To be eligible, drawing winners must attend the 2014 Great Minnesota Uke Gathering, must register as an attendee at the event before 6:00 p.m, and must be present at the drawing to win. The drawing will be held during the All Level "Sing Along."
What To Bring - Your Daily Ukulele: 365 Songs For Better Living "Yellow Book!" Need to get a "Yellow Book" for soprano, concert or tenor uke? Click here for one online source. A baritone uke version is also available. Also, bring a chair or blanket.
Where - Kordiak County Park - 1845 - 49th Avenue NE, Columbia Heights, Minnesota.
Click here for Kordiak Park info. Click here for information on camping in the area.
When - Saturday, June 28, 2014 - 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Why - Because You just never see someone playing a uke without a smile on their face!
Questions - Contact - TCUkulelePlayers@gmail.com