26th year of the Steve Kaufman Acoustic Kamp
SKAK has received the Gold Award for the “Best Acoustic Kamp” since 2002. Designed to gather musicians of all levels from around the globe with common goals — learning, playing, eating and sleeping music. SKAK features top notch ukulele classes.
Click here for a Kamp video.
See the bottom of page for both Kamp weeks and all instruments.
Whether you are a beginner's beginner or a seasoned professional, Kamp classes and activities will inspire and challenge you. Kamp intent is to maintain a non-competitive, learning atmosphere that will encourage you to grow musically and seek out new ways of playing your ukulele or a variety of other instruments. Click here for a complete Kamp brochure and here to register online.
Ukulele workshops all day, daily ukulele jams and open mics, and an all-star concert each evening. In depth ukulele classes taught by Lil' Rev and Tony Anthonisen. Lil' Rev will help you take your intermediate—advanced ukulele playing to the next level. By the end of Tony’s classes, beginners will be able to comfortably play ukulele songs and join jams.
Lil' Rev - When ukulele players talk about the best uke performers and teachers, Lil' Rev is always among the very best. His teaching materials, videos and both in-person and video classes are extremely good. He says, "you can find me traveling across the country, teaching and performing at Ukulele Festivals. Every autumn I tour the eastern regions of America, followed by journeys deep through the south and up through the west in the winter." Click here for more about Lil' Rev.
Tony Anthonisen - Tony’s classes and teaching style emphasize providing an environment for ukulele learners that is caring, encouraging, and 100% non-threatening. He firmly believes that “if learning and playing ukulele isn’t fun, why do it?” Click here for more about Tony.
Afternoon Ukulele Jam
- Who - SKAK ukulele players and singers - For all skill levels! - And we mean ALL skill levels, including beginners!
- What - An all level jam using the Daily Ukulele: 365 Songs For Better Living (the “Yellow Book”) as our song source - Led by Tony Anthonisen - Ukuleles, banjoleles, resonator ukes and kazoos welcome! The “Yellow Book” will be for sale at the Kamp Store. It can also be purchased in advance in a hardcopy or downloadable e-copy for iPad and other tablets here.
- When - 4:15 to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Why - Because it is a blast to jam with friends and friends to be! If it’s not fun, why would you do it?
All the Details -
- Dates - June 19-25, 2022
- Contact - Steve Kaufman - email@example.com
- Website - http://www.flatpik.com/
- Video about Kamp - https://tinyurl.com/2019skak
- Location - Maryville College - Maryville, Tennessee (Knoxville) - Just a few miles from the Smoky Mountains National Park
- Registration - Registration is now open. Some classes have limited spaces.
There Are Two Weeks of Kamp Kaufman 2022!
June 12-18 - Old Time Banjo, Old Time Mandolin, Mountain Dulcimer, Flatpicking Guitar, Fingerpicking Guitar, Irish Fiddle, Celtic Guitar, Traditional And Old Time Rhythm Guitar, Old Time Fiddle, Old Time Mandolin, Hammered Dulcimer, and Old Time Singing And Harmony
June 19-25 - Flatpicking Guitar, Bluegrass Banjo, Bluegrass Fiddle, Mandolin, Songwriting, Swing And Western Swing Rhythm Guitar, Ukulele, Bass, Bluegrass Vocals, Bluegrass Rhythm Guitar And Dobro ™